Monday, February 22, 2010

Puppies Go to School



Rose's kindergarten class has an opportunity for parents and friend's to come in on a Monday and read a book to the class. It is called Mystery Reader Monday. I had already planned many weeks ago to come in with a few puppies and read and funny enough Rose had inquired about when I was going to come since everyone else's mom came in. I kept telling her that I had to "make an appointment". More spectacular than the look on the little children's face when they came in to a room with 4 puppies in it- was my daughter's who was so happy that I could be there to read. I read one of my favorite books "Too Many Puppies:" By Patience Brewster. Amazon describes the book : Delighted when her dog Milly has seven puppies, a little girl wants to keep them all, until she sadly realizes that so many puppies require much more work than she can accomplish. Its funny because I know Rose feels the same way as the main character, Milly in the book and was happy to share with her class. We brought to school 1 puppy of each color, 2 boys and 2 girls: Xanthium, Yasmin, Woody and Ulex. All those puppies got some extra socialization, lots of oooohs and ahhhs, and were greeted by the wonderment of the kids. They all thanked me before they left (including the principal), said goodbye to all the puppies and Rose gave me a big hug before she went back to class. It was a good day....

No comments: