Saturday, March 28, 2009

Home Sweet Home






Well it has come to that part in the timeline when I have to give up my puppies to their new owners. It is never easy as we do develop a special bond with them. The puppies know that bc months later when they come to visit- I am always greeted with puppy kisses. It makes my job a little easier knowing that they at least recognise my efforts for taking care of them their first 8 weeks of life. Lots of people ask about Rose and I know it is hard to let go- but knowing that we will have puppies again someday in the future and start all over again makes her smile.

In a few days my newest puppy parents will receive an invitation to join our Moondrop Gardens Google Group. Here they can introduce themselves to past parents and share pictures and stories of their Moondrop Gardens Puppy. It not public and is only open to our family members.


Sometimes people say- "I have never had an experience like this before getting a new puppy". And the reason for this is because I have had the experience to get a new puppy 4 times. Each and every time it was very different. I will not say it was a bad experience- but I just knew I would do it differently.


Part of the joy of actually doing this is the joy you can see on the faces of the families when they hold their puppy and know they are going home with it. I know that feeling and I love to watch others experience that.


They say every litter is a new experience. And "they(whoever they are)" are right. This litter woke me up to the fact that not everything is always going to be perfect. Breeders have issues that challenge their emotions of being human, being a mother, being realistic, and being a breeder. Its hard to be all those things at once. This was a learning experience as I am sure it will always be. I don't think I know it all- I just convince my daughter I do..LOL!


I am very happy to have met and welcome our new families. I know we will keep in touch for a long time and I know that all my puppies will be spoiled. Some of my friends who are not animal lovers think I am totally bazaar- but I have made alot of friends along the way that have shown me I am not the only bazaar person out there in the world- and for that I am thankful.


Send us your pictures and stories- we love to hear about the puppies. Congratulations again- and know I am always here.

No comments: