Friday, March 20, 2009

7 weeks and Counting....


Under no circumstance is this last week ever easy because the puppies have all developed their own personality and are all so playful and it is now that we prepare Daphne (and Rose, nad Myself) for the separation. She is not longer allowed to nurse them- and she does not sleep with them anymore. As a mother I can only feel for her as she whimpers and whines and wonders where her little babies are? Sometimes I think she doesn't realize that the big puppies are her little babies. They smell different and act different. We actually put a shirt on her to cover her teats so they are unreachable. Because if it were up to Daphne- she would hold on forever.
We went to the vet and I apologize for not having any pics from the event- but I almost threw my back out trying to carry all the puppies in + Dillon. I don't know what I was thinking when I made that appointment- but next time someone remind me to hire a personal assistant. The puppies all took their shots like champs and got a clean bill of health.

Last week Jasper took a ride with me to pick up Rose and he got a chance to meet a few kids. He did also poop in my car right on top of Rose's library book bag- she was so mad at him and gave him a lecture he would not forget....



The weather has been beautiful here and we are all welcoming spring; getting a chance to go outside a little. The puppies LOVE it!!!! I thought a winter litter would be quite boring- but turns out the are just in time to go home with the Easter Bunny and training will be much easier now than if it was much colder......

BTW- Dillon has learned to go in and out of the doggie door....which reminds me that when I took them outside Petunia decided she would learn in 3 minutes to go up and down the ramp what it took Dillon 3 weeks to learn...Speaking of Petunia; a few days ago I woke up said good morning to the puppies and proceeded to let my dogs out on the deck for a little running.. as they all exited one by one behind the gate: First Dempsey, Daphne, Delilah, Dillon (always waits his turn or he will be scolded by the elders) then a little puppy not in the usual line up cane hurrying out. It was Petunia!!!!!!!!!! She had escaped from the puppy pen and squeezed through the gate to party with the big boys (and girls). I hope Carl and Margaret have prepared their home - bc she is a trip- always ready to go and with an oh so innocent smile.
It gets harder and harder to take an pics- but here are some good ones...

No comments: