Tuesday, August 26, 2008

4 Weeks in the Garden

Oh my puppies are getting so big and beautiful. We had so many escapees the past few days we had to remove the whelping box and revamp the nursery.


I have laid paper down and am keeping it there with a potty smell and i have seen many a SMART puppy get out of their little bed (where they do all retire) as they know it is cozy- and go make piddles on the paper. I have given a chair to Daphne to escape when she needs- and a nice big play area. Yesterday I went into the nursery and sat down. I called to the puppies to see if anyone would come to play with me - and the first one to come was Azalea. She jumped up and tried to get on my lap immediately. Then followed Buttercup and Fern. Then the rest of the puppies just tackled me when they saw all the kisses the others were getting. Rose thought it looked fun- so she jumped in and we were both smothered with love. It was such a great feeling. Their wobbly little steps are no more- they are running and playing and jumping. A few days ago some looked like out of control remote control cars with jerky movements and sudden backwards motion.

They will get dewormed today and I will clip their mails again. Everyone is doing well all weighing over 2 pounds. The largest being Dogwood weighing in at 2 and a half pounds.
Here are their 4 week pictures. Everyone went out to the "Garden" for the first time on such a beautiful day!!!








Posted by Picasa

No comments: