Monday, August 24, 2009

CERF Eye Testing


In August we loaded up the car with all our breeding dogs and drove 2.5 hours to Long Island. Noelle La Croix, DVM examined all the dogs for hereditary eye diseases and any potential eye problems. All the dogs checked out clear and will receive their CERF certificate shortly. This is an annual exam and I wanted to let everyone know if you are in reasonable driving distance and need to have these tests done it would be worth your while to visit Veterinary Medical Center of Long Islannd. I highly recommend her and her staff. They were very friendly, efficient and informative. I also have to tell the fee they charge is even less than if you attended a CERF clinic. I had to call back because I thought I got the information incorrect. Other doctors are charging MUCH more for no apparent reason other than they just don't want to do it. These tests are important and have to be done every year so charging exorbitant amounts of money would only deter people from having them done which makes no sense. (?)

No comments: