Saturday, February 21, 2009

3 Weeks in the Garden








Well allot has happened this week in the garden. Almost everyone has doubled in size and everyone is getting up and walking...wobbly- but walking. We have a few chubba wubbas in this crew. I called the doctor to make sure that that was OK..LOL. I have never seen such big babies. He assured me that they were not MUTANT cockers and that they would stop growing so fast eventually. Daphne had more puppies to feed last time (they are almost a pound bigger than the last litter at 3 weeks)- but I am having Alice and Wonderland dreams where the puppies are growing and growing and eventually pop the roof off my house.LOL
I have added some toys to the whelping box. I can see that they are interacting with each other- which is cute. They mouth at each other and bat at each other.
I felt around and see we have some teeth. Hair is growing!- we will probably do a short trim next week. The first to give me a cocker tail shake was Kaley and it was the cutest. I also heard a big puppy bark from Olive and Lilly. Jasper and Quince are the big boys and like to sleep all day while the girls get gitty with each other. Petunia, Lilly and Kaley are the steadiest on their feet. Marjoram is very laid back. They are starting to get up to go to the bathroom themselves- were as Daphne does not have to help them. They are starting to do more puppy like things like shake their heads, whine a little when mom is not near and clean and lick each other. Now the fun actually begins. Next week I will take them upstairs to start getting acquainted with other places besides the whelping box and hopefully once everyone is up and running we may get a nice day outside. Today is a short blog- i have a ton to do. Rose is having a sleepover with her friend. I am sure they will help me weigh and handle them tonight. I will post pics soon.
Also stay tuned for a some videos.
We also have some new names that could change by the time they go home- but I love love them all- so I wanted to post them:
Jasper: Dubhlainn
Kaley: Teagan
Lilly: Cookie
Marjoram: Lila (maybe..if Ray gives in...LOL)
Olive: Livvy
Petunia: Maggie
Quince: Rocco

No comments: