Tuesday, September 16, 2008

7 weeks in the Garden

I am seriously starting to get a lump in my throat thinking about all the puppies leaving. I think I am sad for Daphne bc I know she will miss them at first- but she is starting to get back into her routine of hanging out with her friends. For a while she had given up fetch bc her teats would not allow her to run to her full potential- and there was no point bc Dempsey is such a ball hog- that she gave up- but now she is starting to chase the balls again. She was a fantastic mother- and given the chance she still would feed them and clean up after them- when most dams give this up at 5 weeks- she is still willing...But I don't encourage her and bc there is little milk- the puppies give up soon....then they all play together. I gave the puppies their big dog haircuts (with the encouragement of Colleen-Azalea's mom (who incidentally is a groomer {LUCKY AZALEA}). They are all so precious and beautiful and big. They are all over 4 pounds now- and big boy Dogwood is just 5. Here is their 7 week pictures....Sorry this blog entry is so late- but now the puppies take so much time these last weeks. And I only gave them haircuts 2 at a time bc it took sooo long.






No comments: